Meet some of the participants from Body Positive Catwalk
Hear their amazing stories
Saturday, October 12, over 300 women and men in Piazza Duomo fought against prejudice!
This was the biggest and most exciting stage of the flash mob organized by the non-profit association BODY POSITIVE CATWALK established by curvy model Laura Brioschi, with over 500k followers online, and her partner Paolo Patria who together gave birth to the movement #BODYPOSITIVE, the largest and most important in Europe.
The noble aim is to unite men and women of different physical form, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, eventual deficits and any characteristic to break down prejudices, fight bullying and remind us just through the characteristics of each of us that we are all, simply, human beings!
There were as many as 300 brave people from all over the world (Spain, France, Norway, Russia, England, Belgium, Germany, Kazakhstan, Khirzikistan) who chose to respond to Laura’s appeal and participate in the Flash Mob, showing themselves without veils and without ashamed of to convey positivity and confidence!
#UNDRESSFROMPREJUDICE CHANGED BY INJURIES
The first of these events took place on 2/25/18 after Laura was inspired by the images of the #therealcatwalk in New York, the city where everything is possible and from there challenged her fears and turned to do it in Europe during Milan Fashion Week!
30 women under the snow have started what today with over 300 presences has become the largest European #bodypositive movement.
In March 2019 another flash mob in Milan in which there were 150 from all over the world and from here followed the Summer Tour with stops in Paris, Berlin and Barcelona!
Now we plan the nine dates, which see both other cities in Italy, especially in the south, and Russia and perhaps … Los Angeles!
Some of the hyper-motivational stories that you cannot avoid to know from this BODY POSITIVE CATWALK for are:
– Muriel, LGBT activist who gave great support
– Gemma Le Noci, fitness model that supports this cause by parading for the second time
– Fabiana Pastorino, body activist and teacher
– Yamila Orozco, from Barcelona
– Paola Torrente in the public
– Fabio Incorvaia 7 times world champion of jet skis that together with Francesco who does not speak, does not walk, does not see … they represent the stupendous association JETSKI therapy where Fabio in first person also brings up to 100 disabled children in a day to take a thrill ride on a jet ski!
– Benedetta De Luca, that after 18 operations is still in a wheelchair, but this does not preclude her from being a champion of happiness and femininity. Lawyer who is fighting for the rights of the disabled and a fashionista with a big heart.
– Mother of Benedetta, Giovanna, who chooses to undress and show off with Nadia, 50 years old, beautiful and very elegant taken from the energy of the event!
Only after we discover that she will be 70 in January, she is semi-blind and a pathology of the skin of the neck that affects only 26 people in Italy (she also removed the scarf, because “she felt FREE”)
– Anna Maisetti and Pernille Henriksen to show their @stilecompresso LINFEDEMA after cancer
– Francesca Ferraro and Max Tommasini radiant in their smile, the down syndrome will not prevent them from being successful models!
– Giulia Gambini who lives with the trigeminal nerve disease in what is also called suicide disease.
– Noemi Vergante beautiful girl without a hand for polio.
– Greta Varia, born with a malformation in the legs, does not exceed 1.30 in height, but has energy to sell!
– Julia, from Spain, energetic actress like the sun with Alopecia
– Roberta Arcuri whose dancer’s body is 70% covered by moles for what is called “giant congenital melanocytic nevus”
– Mariam Barry with a deformed face due to a tumor
– Mariangela de Lucia operated on cancer shortly after the March BPC, today with a big scar on her neck and a lot of hope
– Claudia Besana psychologist in a wheelchair from birth and singer of a rock band!
– Evelyne Safaawua entrepreneur who fights against racial discrimination
– Gaetano Tricarico queen of makeup that proudly paraded in make-up
– Many girls who have lost so much weight, from 20 to 70 kilos like Giulia Pozzi and who now come to terms with a new body
– Girls who are fighting or have won against bulimia and anorexia like Francesca Confalonieri and Alba
– Invisible disabilities like Sofia
Each has its own story to tell and from which to take an example!
To support the non-profit association in this event as sponsor, the shop brand Cosabella who dressed Laura and 30 other participants fully supporting the Body Positive and giving them a beautiful suit that made them feel even more beautiful and at ease in their own body, whatever it was!